Welcome to Oakdale!
At OBC, we feel that it’s OUR responsibility to “clear the way” for you to experience God. We want you to be able to enjoy the great music, encouraging messages, friendly people and welcoming atmosphere that are a part of the overall Oakdale experience. From our casual attire and contemporary worship, to a safe and secure children’s environment, everything we do, we do with YOU in mind. Therefore, let us put your mind at ease by saying “come as you are.”
How do I get there?
OBC is located at the corner of Hefner and Sooner roads (about 1 mile east of Frontier City) in the Oakdale Community.
For our address, click here.
Where do I park?
The front parking lot (West side of the church) is designated for guest and handicap parking. Parking is also available on the East side of the church and across the street at Oakdale School.
What are Worship Services like at Oakdale?
Worship is a very important part of who we are at Oakdale Baptist Church.
– We have a contemporary worship style including a full Praise Band and Worship Team.
– We’re blessed to have contemporary recording artist Jami Smith as our Lead Worship Pastor.
– Our sermons are focused on biblical life application.
– Children will love L.I.V.E Worship because it is a children’s worship experience designed just for them!
Check out an example of what our Worship Services are like here.
Check out an example of what LIVE Worship is like here.
What do I wear?
When you attend Worship at Oakdale Baptist Church, you will see a variety of dress styles from college casual to business professional. Chances are, regardless of your style, others will be dressed exactly like you. Come as you are and you’ll find that you fit right in at OBC!
What Sunday morning Adult Classes are available to me?
Sunday mornings are for Community Groups at OBC! We have four adult groups that meet from 9:45a – 10:45am. Groups are formed with age and stage of life in mind but also have a lot of diversity so we encourage you to try each one until you find the right fit for you! On top of great studies, we offer a coffee bar and a themed breakfast too!
Community Groups are all about relationships and this is VERY important to us here at OBC. We don’t want to just know one another casually, we want to “DO LIFE” together! That’s why Bible Study in Community Groups is focused on real life application and seeking direction for our lives.
Check out our Community Group page for up to date class offerings.
How do I find information and directions to classrooms?
Our Guest Services Center is located in the foyer of the Worship Center. A team member will be available to assist you with service times and classroom locations.
See a map of our facilities as they are set up on Sunday mornings.
Where do my children go?
On Sunday mornings, Children have age graded Sunday School classes from 9:45am – 10:45am in our Education Building. In each classroom your child will find a warm, welcoming environment and a teacher they are sure to fall in love with!
LIVE Worship takes place in the Extreme Room (Upstairs in the Education Building) from 11:00am – 12:00pm at the same time as morning Worship for Adults and Youth.
On Wednesday nights, children experience Elevate! for Kids from 6:00pm – 7:15pm in the Extreme Room.
Check out our Children’s Ministry page to learn more about LIVE Worship and Elevate!
How can I sign up for Knowing God Bible Studies on Wednesday evenings?
Knowing God bible study semesters start in January and August and last 13 weeks. Shorter bible studies are also offered throughout the year in between Knowing God semesters. When new classes are announced, you can register online and obtain class information on the “Bible Study” page or you can contact the church office at 405.478.3257.
You can also check out our Bible Study page for an up to date listing of classes.
What kind of beliefs will I find?
Oakdale is an evangelical, Protestant church affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention. We are, however, made up of believers with every kind of church background you can imagine! At OBC we believe:
1. There is one GOD, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19)
2. JESUS CHRIST, the one and only Son (John 3:16), was born of a virgin (Matthew 1:18; 23), lived a sinless life, took on Himself all our sins (Romans 5:8-9), died on a cross, rose again on the third day, ascended to heaven and is now seated at the right hand of the Father as our mediator (Hebrews 9:15) and advocate (1 John 2:1).
3. The HOLY SPIRIT is a divine Person (John 14:16) who indwells, sanctifies, instructs, empowers for service, and seals all believers at the time of salvation for eternity (Romans 8:9; 2 Corinthians 3:6; Ephesians 1:13).
4. The BIBLE is the uniquely and fully inspired Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16-17) and is authoritative in all matters on which it speaks (2 Peter 1:20-21).
5. All people sin and continually fall short of God’s standard of perfection (Romans 3:23). As a result, all people will face eternal separation from God unless they receive SALVATION by faith in Jesus Christ (John 3:16-17) which is a free gift from God (Ephesians 2:8-9).
6. God works through the members of His CHURCH to share Christ with those who have not yet believed and to teach those who have believed to obey His commands (Matthew 28:18-20). A church is to be open to and accepting of all people, offering God’s love to every person without prejudice or condemnation (John 3:16-18). However, in our efforts to reach unbelieving people, we must be careful to uphold the Word of God and never engage in moral compromise (Romans 12:2).
7. CHRISTIANS are called to holiness in all aspects of life (Galatians 5:22-25). Though we fully recognize that we will never come close to perfection, we must strive to be conformed to the image of Christ in all ways (Romans 8:29).
Check out our “What We Believe” page to see an in depth description of our essential beliefs.
How can I meet the Pastor?
Our Pastor is available after each Morning Worship Service in the foyer of the Worship Center to meet guests. An appointment can also be made through the church office (405.771.3392) or via his email firstname.lastname@example.org.